Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Northwest Region | 1701 N. 4th St., Superior, WI 54880 | (715) 392-7925 | wisconsindot.gov
Release date: Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2023
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O’Brien, WisDOT Region Communications Manager
(715) 828-9471 or [email protected]
Public information meeting on WIS 105 project postponed
Because of inclement weather in the forecast, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is postponing a public involvement meeting for a resurfacing project on WIS 105 in Douglas County from the Minnesota/Wisconsin state line in the village of Oliver east to WIS 35 in the city of Superior.
Originally scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 23 at the Oliver Village Hall, 2125 E. State St., Superior, the meeting now will be from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 2 at the same location with a short presentation at 5:15 p.m.
The existing pavement on WIS 105 is deteriorated. To address this and other issues, WisDOT is proposing to:
- Repair the road core in spot locations of settlement.
- Repair select culverts.
- Some temporary limited easements, or TLEs, will be needed to complete this work.
- Make spot curb and gutter repairs in the village of Oliver.
- Upgrade or install curb ramps at pedestrian crossings in the city of Superior.
- Mill and overlay the parking lanes in the city of Superior with asphalt.
- Mill the existing asphalt pavement, including intersections and then overlay the road with asphalt.
Construction is scheduled for 2024 and 2025. During construction in 2024, anticipated for late August to November, WIS 105 will be detoured via WIS 35, US 2 and MN 23 to repair the roadway in spot locations of settlement. During construction in 2025, expected in spring and summer, WIS 105 will remain open to traffic; however, motorists might encounter lane closures controlled by flagging. Delays should be expected when traveling the work zone, especially during commuting hours. Access to properties during construction will be maintained but might be by alternative routes.
WisDOT is accepting public comments on the proposed project through Friday, March 31. Additional information, including a comment form, can be found on the project website at https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/nw/wis105/default.aspx.